- Advertisement -

Smirking fiend held glass shard to woman’s throat in terrifying sex attack days after release from jail

0 6

A “SMIRKING monster” held a glass shard to a lady’s throat in a terrifying sex attack days after being launched from jail for tearing out a dying battle vet’s oxygen tube.

Dean Norman, 34, was described as “dangerous” by a choose for sexually assaulting his newest sufferer after beating her unconscious in Carlisle.

‘Monster’ Dean Norman additionally prompted vital accidents to his sufferer’s head and faceCredit: Cumbria Police

The Carlisle man was at the moment sentenced to eight years’ jail after admitting tried rape, sexual assault and precise bodily hurt assault.

Cumbria Police stated he had gone to the woman’s property and was invited in by her, “unknowing of his intentions having been requested if he might come in to dry his coat.

“Once contained in the deal with he started his severe assault inflicting vital accidents to her head and face.

“Following the assault, the sufferer was left unconscious earlier than Norman subjected her to a sexual assault.”

Norman punched and stamped on his sufferer in her house on November 16, 2020, the Carlisle Crown Court was informed.

The attack was so brutal that the girl stated in an announcement she was crushed “quite literally black and blue”, reported BBC News.

She was left feeling “disgusting and devastated” after she “let a monster into my home”.

“The memories of that night will never ever leave me. I will never be the same person again,” the girl added.

Prosecutor Tim Evans informed the courtroom that Norman’s sufferer “thought she was going to be killed”.

He added: “From the way he was smirking, he seemed to be enjoying it.”

This was a horrific attack, and the sufferer has proven braveness and bravado all through.

Cumbria Police

Fearing she would die throughout the vicious assault, she recalled praying “that if he was going to kill her, ‘please let it be quick’,” Mr Evans informed the courtroom.

Norman, who tried to rape his sufferer whereas clutching a shard of damaged glass towards her throat, threatened her, “say nothing or I’ll get you”, the courtroom was informed.

Before leaving the severely injured girl he shook her hand and put the piece of glass in his pocket.

The courtroom heard that whereas he initially denied the assault, DNA proof on the scene of the crime proved he was the attacker.


Julian Goode, defending, informed the courtroom about Norman’s private difficulties and troubled childhood.

He informed a probation officer he had drunk 4 litres of vodka and brought crack cocaine earlier than the assault.

Judge Richard Archer stated Norman was a harmful offender, and caged him for eight years.

He can be on the sex offenders’ register for all times.

After sentencing, the Cumbria Police stated: “This was a horrific attack, and the sufferer has proven braveness and bravado all through.

“These offences have an enduring affect, however I hope at the moment provides some closure to the sufferer and their household.”


The assault befell simply days following Norman’s jail release after serving 9 years of a 12-year time period for a callous attack on a blind 77-year-old man.

Norman tore out the oxygen tube from the mouth of the terminally in poor health military veteran after sneaking into his room in a 4am raid in Carlisle, reported the Daily Mail.

He pinned the person down by his throat, held his hand over the dying man’s nostril and mouth and pulled out the oxygen tube, so he could not breathe.

But Norman fled the home when the commotion startled the person’s grandson, who chased him out of the flat.

He broke into two extra houses, together with one the place a pair and their two-year-old daughter had been asleep.

In 2013, throughout sentencing at Carlisle Crown Court, Judge Paul Batty described the attack upon the aged man as “the worst he had seen in his legal career”.

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.