If you’re a fan of apple turnovers, you’re going to like these apple and pear turnovers for Thanksgiving.
“These apple turnovers are what I like to make on a chilly autumn evening with a cup of coffee on the side,” stated Shinta Simon of the weblog CaramelTintedLife.com. “They taste so much better than what we get in the stores here and come out perfectly crisp (no soggy crust!). My kids love them, and we like to think of them as shortcut apple pie without the fuss and stress of making a pie from scratch!
ADD THIS PEANUT BUTTER APPLE PIE TO YOUR THANKSGIVING PIE LINEUP
Easy Apple and Pear Turnovers by Shinta Simon of CaramelTintedLife.com
Makes 8 turnovers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY BRIE TARTLETS FOR THANKSGIVING DESSERT
- 2 Apples (any candy apple selection)
- 2 Pears
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 cup gentle brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry, pre-rolled
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
MINI CARAMEL APPLE PIES MADE IN A MUFFIN TIN FOR THANKSGIVING DESSERT
- Peel and chop the apples and pears.
- In a saucepan, soften the butter. Add the chopped fruit. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon zest. Cook for 8 minutes till the apples and pears are gentle. Add the flour and combine.
- Turn off the warmth and let it calm down fully. Roll out the puff pastry sheets and lower them into 8 squares.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the middle of the squares. Fold the puff pastry over. Brush a few of the egg wash over the sealed pastry, sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer the puff pastry parcels to an oven tray and bake in a preheated oven at 350° F for quarter-hour, till the puff pastry is golden. Serve heat.
Credits : foxnews