Two safety guards at Travis Scott’s lethal Astroworld present are collectively suing for no less than $1 million — accusing the star and organizers of putting “greed” earlier than safety on the occasion that left 10 useless.
Jackson Bush, 25, and his uncle, Samuel Bush, 46, filed a lawsuit Friday saying they and different staffers obtained no coaching earlier than they discovered themselves pulling useless our bodies from the stampeding crowd amid the Nov. 5 present’s mayhem.
The Bushes told the Houston Chronicle that they landed jobs as safety for the occasion via the New York-based AJ Melino & Associates, which by no means checked their credentials, backgrounds or licenses.
“They told us to show up in all black, and that’s what we did,” Samuel Bush instructed the paper.
Jackson added, “As far as training, there was no training.”
When Scott — who was sued underneath his actual title, Jacques Berman Webster II — took the stage that day, he incited a riot, “encouraging fans to ‘rage’ with no regard for human life,” the Bushes’ lawsuit claimed.
He “turned a blind eye to the cries for help, death and devastation happening to his fans” and “continued with the concert and left thousands of people in peril,” claimed the lawsuit filed in Harris County.
Jackson “witnessed CPR being performed on lifeless bodies” and “pulled a body from the stampede who ended up being deceased,” claimed the lawsuit.
The pair had been “injured both mentally and physically,” with Jackson hurting his shoulder and again, and his uncle wounding his again and breaking his proper hand.
Samuel instructed the native paper of his horror when he found he was too injured himself to adequately assist distressed followers.
One girl was “screaming and begging and crying for help, saying that she couldn’t breathe and that her friend may have been on the ground or something,” he instructed the Chronicle.
But “as much as I tried, I could not even get her,” he stated.
The lawsuit names Scott and Melino and a number of other different firms behind the lethal present, together with promotions large Live Nation.
The pair are looking for greater than $1 million to cowl prices, reminiscent of damages and lawyer charges. More than 100 lawsuits have already been filed over the tragedy.
AJ Melino didn’t reply to requests for remark, the Chronicle stated.
Scott and his legal professionals have beforehand stated he didn’t have any concept followers had been being crushed to loss of life, insisting that he would have stopped performing had he recognized.