A groom-to-be turned a extraordinarily unlucky state of affairs correct proper right into a optimistic when he proposed to his girlfriend on the an similar evening their dream home burned down.

On the evening time of Sept. 4, Sean Matthews obtained down on one knee and requested Kellie Stanley to marry him. The proposal occurred appropriate out of doors their home in Fuquay-Varina, N.C.

Friends and household had gathered contained in the couple’s driveway that evening to stage out their help, and Matthews felt moved to suggest.

“I knew we wouldn’t be back at the house again for months and months, if not a year,” Matthews instructed Fox News in a telephone interview.

11-YEAR-OLD GIRL SAVES PUPPY AFTER NOTICING NEIGHBOR’S HOUSE ON FIRE 

On the evening of Sept. 4, Sean Matthews got down on one knee and proposed to Kellie Stanley right outside their home in Fuquay-Varina, N.C. Friends and family had gathered in the couple’s driveway that night to show their support, and Matthews felt moved to propose.

On the evening time of Sept. 4, Sean Matthews obtained down on one knee and proposed to Kellie Stanley appropriate out of doors their home in Fuquay-Varina, N.C. Friends and household had gathered contained in the couple’s driveway that evening to stage out their help, and Matthews felt moved to suggest.
(Brookie Parker)

He went on, “Having her family there and some friends and neighbors, I knew it would be the last time that we would all be able to be at our home for a long time. I felt strongly that I wanted to leave with her as my fiancée.”

Stanley talked about she hadn’t anticipated a wedding proposal contemplating the circumstance they’d been in. It had been 5 or 6 hours after the blaze took maintain of their home and hearth marshals had cleared the scene on the tip of the evening.

“Sean just gathered us all in the driveway at the end of the night to give a speech and thank everyone for being there for us. As he’s giving the speech, in my head I’m trying to think of what I’m going to say,” Stanley recalled. “But, then the entire conversation shifted, and he just started talking about how we started and how we built this house last year.” 

She went on, “We moved in and his whole goal – which I hadn’t known at the time – but his whole goal was to propose to me in the house because the house means a lot to us.”

Sean Matthews and Kellie Stanley rushed home while neighbors worked to rescue their 13-year-old dog Memphis. A fire had spread from their front porch to the rest of their home.

Sean Matthews and Kellie Stanley rushed home whereas neighbors labored to rescue their 13-year-old canine Memphis. A fireplace had unfold from their entrance porch to the remainder of their home.
(Kellie Stanley)

Earlier contained in the day, Matthews and Stanley had determined to exit for dinner. Around 6:30 p.m. they obtained a Ring doorbell video title from a frantic neighbor, who talked about their entrance porch was on hearth.

Matthews and Stanley rushed home from their journey spot, which was about 10 to fifteen minutes away, whereas neighbors labored to rescue their 13-year-old canine Memphis and reduce off gasoline traces to forestall a doable explosion.

DOG SURVIVES FIRE, 2 WEEKS ALONE BEFORE BEING REUNITED WITH OWNER 

Doorbell video shows neighbors warning couple their porch is on fireVideo

Stanley believes they’d been fortunate to not have locked the inside door of their storage that day due to it helped neighbors to get Memphis out unhurt. The storage code furthermore labored regardless of the hearth, which allowed for a swift and environment nice rescue.

From completely totally different safety cameras that they’d stationed inside the realm, Matthews and Stanley had been in a position to see how so many members of their neighborhood stepped up and tried to battle the blaze with yard hoses till firefighters obtained there.

“Just seeing that our neighbors came together to try and save our home and save our dog, you can’t put it into words,” Stanley talked about. “We were probably 10 minutes from home and we could see the black billowing smoke in the air.”

When the hearth was put out, Matthews and Stanley had been allowed to enter so they could retrieve one factor that was salvageable. 

A neighbor notified Sean Matthews and Kellie Stanley about their porch fire through their Ring doorbell.

A neighbor notified Sean Matthews and Kellie Stanley about their porch hearth by their Ring doorbell.
(Kellie Stanley)

PET PARROT SAVES OWNER FROM HOUSE FIRE IN AUSTRALIA BY CALLING HIS NAME 

Matthews recovered the engagement ring he saved of their fireproof secure and Stanley discovered her bible was thought of certainly one of many few units to outlive the hearth.

“We might’ve lost the house but we left with Memphis, and that meant more to us. I wanted to make the best of things and see the silver lining,” Matthews talked about. “And it is a humbling experience to leave your home with essentially a car and the clothes that you’re wearing.”

Stanley well-known that their distinctive engagement has created just a few “awkward” encounters.

“People don’t know what to say. They go, ‘Sorry for you losing your house, but congratulations.’ We feel the same way,” she talked about. “But, it definitely turned the night around for us and made something positive out of it instead of focusing on the tragedy.”

“We hope lumber prices and inflation and the housing market right now,” Matthews added. “We’re a little worried what their number is going to come back at. So, that’s just one of the big puzzles that we’re currently trying to navigate through.”

From this expertise, Matthews and Stanley say households will need to have a fire plan that choices further hearth extinguishers and smoke detectors than you assume you want.

“Our smoke alarms did not go off in the home. The fire was on the screen porch and our screen porch is gabled, so it went up into the attic first. And once he got into the attic, it liquefied any mechanical and electrical components up there,” Stanley outlined. “So, by the time the smoke had penetrated the conditioned space of the home where the actual smoke alarms were, they were already dead.”

She added, “We’ve been since told by the fire marshal that if we had been in the home asleep, we probably would not have survived because we would have never woken up.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

The couple furthermore recommends investing in an excellent greater hearth secure that may maintain the complete possessions which is perhaps pricey to your coronary coronary coronary heart.

“There are a lot of items that we didn’t have in our fire safe that we can never get back. Items from our grandparents who have since passed away. Photo albums from years back,” Stanley talked about. “Again, I know they’re just items, but there are some items that can’t be replaced such as those and that’s a hard pill to swallow.”