- Advertisement -

Mum’s warning after son, 2, climbed into bath at 4am, filled it up and fell ASLEEP before being saved by big brother, 4

48

A MUM has urged dad and mom to be cautious of the place they depart the bath plug after her toddler climbed into the bathtub at 4am, filled it up and fell ASLEEP before he was saved by his big brother.

Aussie mum Illi shared the horrifying story of when her two-year-old son Archie almost drowned and defined she was solely alerted by her heroic four-year-old who woke and heard his sibling.

Archie was saved by his four-year-old brother who woke within the evening and alerted his dad and momCredit: @CPR Kids

“At 4am our four-year-old son came running down to our bedroom shouting that his brother was in the bath and needed urgent help,” she mentioned.

To her horror, she discovered their “cheeky and adventurous” two-year-old within the bath totally clothed.

“He had pulled up a stool to climb in (he’s never climbed in on his own before), put the plug in, turned the tap on and the bath was overflowing and the bathroom was flooding,” Illi’s submit learn.

Frighteningly, the mum realised little Archie had been trying to get out for some time however had grown drained and started dozing off.

Illi mentioned discovering him on his knees falling asleep within the water was “the scariest part” and “something I feel deeply traumatised by”.

“I just can’t believe what a close call this was.”

She continued: “I’m so incredibly grateful my four-year-old woke up as we would never have heard (our room is at the other end of the house) our four-year-old is such a heavy sleeper too so it’s honestly a miracle he woke up.”

The tot was checked over by medics and he’s “absolutely fine”, his mum mentioned, though she is nicely conscious if her eldest son had woken only a few minutes later, it may have been a really completely different story.

“Obviously there’s been a lock put on the bathroom door now and the plug is also in a locked cupboard,” Illi added. “I have purchased an alarm sensor to put on his door.”

She shared the terrifying story in a mum’s group, the place lots of of fogeys admitted it was a hazard that they had by no means thought-about.

“WAKE UP CALL”

Illi desires to “educate” different dad and mom of the seemingly harmless risks within the residence after Archie’s close to miss.

(*4*) the submit learn.

It has since been shared hundreds of occasions in a bid to unfold the phrase to folks throughout the globe.

One person commented: “I can only imagine how distressing this must have been. Thank you for the wake up call. 5 kids in and I’ve never thought about this. Our plug will be finding a new home.”

“Wow!!!! Removing the stool from our bathroom as we speak. Thanks for sharing this scary but real story,” one other wrote.

Others praised her four-year-old’s “quick-thinking” and praised him as a “hero” and an “amazing little human”.

Illi wants to warn others of the danger of keeping the plug close-by, something many parents admitted they had never thought of
Illi desires to warn others of the hazard of conserving the plug close-by, one thing many dad and mom admitted that they had by no means consideredCredit: Alamy

- Advertisement -